I don't know about you, but I am OBSESSED with flowers, fabric flowers, beaded flowers, paper mache flowers, you name it, I love it. This is what I made for Baby S this weekend and of course girls of all ages can wear it too :) I will be adding more tutorials in the near future, so please come back if you are just as obsessed as I am :) Enjoy!
piece of felt in a coordinating color
needle and coordinating thread
brooch pin (optional)
loaded glue gun
1. Cut out the 6 large and 6 medium circles in your chosen fabrics. I used two fabrics here but the possibilities are endless, its up to you.
2. Cut a medium sized circle piece of felt. Fold each of the large circles in half and then in half again and lay them on your cut out felt, overlapping them as shown below. With needle and thread at the center, sew through the first layer and then the second layer, to secure the flower petals and hold everything together. Leave the thread intact, do not clip it yet.
3. Use the same thread you used in step 2, attach button to the center of the flower, then clip the thread.
4. Secure the brooch pin, I used hot glue but you can sew it on. Cut another piece of felt, apply the hot glue and attach as in the picture below.
5. You are done! yayyyy! :) Attach as a brooch, hair clip or headband to your lovely one.
Don't feel like making your own? I made an extra one, you can pick it up here